Meet Rita Brooks
Rita Brooks began her career in mortgage banking twenty years ago and over the past two decades she has earned the respect of hundreds of clients, realtors and industry professionals.
As your mortgage banker, Rita combines her experience with the available programs to find the right solution for your situation. Rita specializes in Conventional, VA and FHA loans and is approved with many of the homebuyer grant programs in the area. Rita consistently provides superior service and guidance along with the lowest closing costs and rate combinations available.
As part of Bell Mortgage she has access to multiple investors allowing her to offer the best possible financing solutions. Bell offers in-house underwriting and closing departments which help to ensure your loan closes on time.
Our Mortgage Process
Trust the biggest purchase of your life to our experience. Whether you're on your way to getting your first home, your next home, or a better rate on your existing mortgage, we will walk you through every step of the loan process. Now is the perfect time to get in touch with us and get the personal advice and guidance Bell Mortgage is famous for.
Once you've had all your questions answered and you're ready to start the home loan process, this is what you can expect.
1. Complete our online application.
The pre-approval application asks you questions about the home you wish to buy or refinance and your finances. To process your application, we need financial information about you - your current mortgage or rent, your other loans, your income, your assets, etc. As soon as you've finished the application, we review your request and immediately begin to process it.
2. We'll send you an application package and prepare your loan for processing.
Your loan application will include papers to sign and a list of items we'll need to verify the information you provided about your finances during the online application.
Here is a summary of the forms involved:
- Good Faith Estimate of Settlement Costs - This details the loan amount and all related charges and fees.
- Truth in Lending Disclosure - This lets you know what your estimated annual percentage rate of interest (APR) will be and any other program features that apply.
- Borrowers Certification - When you sign this, you authorize that all the information you provided is correct to the best of your knowledge. It also lets us finalize the process by contacting your landlord, employer, mortgage company, etc. and getting your credit report.
Next, we order the appraisal from a licensed appraiser who is familiar with home values in your area to determine its fair market value. The appraiser visits the property and compares its features, floor plan, lot, etc. against other similar properties in the area. (You receive a copy of the appraisal.)
4. We'll contact you to coordinate your closing date.
After we receive your application package, the appraisal and the title work, we contact you to schedule your loan closing. If you are purchasing a home, we also schedule the closing with the real estate agent. The closing takes place at an approved title office in your area. A few days before closing, we contact you to walk through the final information.
5. Apply now.
Start now by applying and you will be on your way to the most convenient home loan ever! That's all there is to it.
Home Financing Calculators
- Should I refinance?
- How much will my fixed rate mortgage payment be?
- How much will my adjustable rate mortgage payments be?
- How much will my payments be for a balloon mortgage?
- Should I rent or buy?
- Which mortgage is better for me?
- How much will I save by increasing my mortgage payment?
- How much mortgage might I qualify for?
- How much home can I afford?
- Should I consolidate my loans?
Home Construction Loans
You talked about it, dreamed about it, and now you’re ready to build your new home. Let us make the process a smooth one, from your construction loan to permanent home financing. Build on our experience to help bring your dream home to life. Our home construction lenders offer you:
- Experience – We know the neighborhoods, local contractors and subcontractors, construction processes, costs and loan options.
- Flexibility – We can work with contractors, or directly with you as the general contractor.
- Credibility – We work with reputable, licensed builders.
- Economy – We offer competitive rates on loan options that fit you, with local underwriting and processing.
- Simplicity – We team up to create a smooth transition from your construction loan to permanent home financing.
If you are interested in talking about a home construction loan, just give me a call.
There are a lot of myths about financing a new home – and we’re here to dispel them for you! Here are some of the most commonly held “mortgage myths”:
- You need a 20% down payment to purchase a home. False! You may qualify for an FHA mortgage or other special program that can reduce the amount of down payment you need.
- Getting pre-approved costs a lot of money. False! At Bell Mortgage, you can apply for online or in-person pre-approval, and it’s fast and free!
- You should wait until you are ready to buy to find out what mortgage you qualify for. False! You should get pre-approved 6 months before you’re ready to move. That allows you more time to save, repair credit issues or even look for a home.
- All mortgage companies are alike: False! Our Bell Mortgage team brings years of financing experience and the region’s largest mortgage broker to your home loan! That means competitive rates, programs, costs and unequaled personal service.
About Super Mortgage Professionals
Rita Brooks was named to the 2013 list of Super Mortgage Professionals, independently chosen by the homeowners they serve and approved by industry leaders. This list is compiled by Twin Cities Business, Minneapolis-St. Paul magazine and Crescendo Business Services, an Eagan-based market research company. It includes only about 130 mortgage professionals who successfully navigate mortgages.
Mortgage professionals named to the list were graded on customer service, integrity, market knowledge, communication, closing preparation, finding the best rates and overall satisfaction. Each professional went through a rigorous screening process, then was reviewed by a panel of mortgage and real estate industry experts selected to participate in the process based on their experience and knowledge of the industry.